Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cool Things In the Kitchen

Terry is a wonderful and amazing cook and his kitchen is a reflection of that. Sam and I love good food, and we even love to prepare it, but we don’t have near the skills or the tools that Terry has. So, we have been looking forward to using the kitchen and have been hoping some of Terry’s talent might magically give us a boost while we are here.

Already there are a few things I plan to do as soon as I get home, including putting my olive oil in a container like this with its own little spigot. And I MUST find a little spigot like this for my balsamic vinegar. You just feel like a more sophisticated cook when these grace your stove top.


I also want a sunny yellow pot like this one. The color alone makes me happy. We used it to boil water for corn on the cob and I swear it was the best corn we have ever had. Kind of strange to get the best ever corn on the cob in Florida rather than in Kansas or Missouri or Nebraska, but I am not kidding you about this.

Other to die for foods we’ve had in the last 36 hours: heirloom tomatoes just harvested from the garden with oil & vinegar, salt & pepper, and a slice of fresh mozzarella. Creamy sweet potatoes and fresh grapefruit. We also discovered something in the pantry called Mona’s Granola, which is hands down the best granola I’ve ever had. I am topping it with whole milk which feels so decadent to me I can barely stand it.

No comments: