Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Did It!




Wow! The week is over and it went so much faster than I had expected. It’s amazing how fast your days fly by when you spend 2-3 hours a day floating in the pool. Which is exactly what I did. It was a whole lot of nothing and I enjoyed every moment of it.

I brought paints and canvas just in case. I brought a couple of books, just in case. I brought various work related projects just in case. But not once did I find myself saying, “Gee, I have 4 more hours till (fill in the blank), what should I do?” Nope, not once. The answer was always obvious. “The sun is still shining, I think I’ll spend another hour floating in the pool.” Really, I’m not kidding. That is all I did. Well, that, and eat, and sleep.

And what do I have to show for it? What have I accomplished? What project have I marked off my list? What new knowledge have I squeezed into my middle aged & muddled brain? Nothing. Nadda. Zero. Squat.

Vacation.

Accomplished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. What a beautiful and thoughtful writing about Ms. Eubank.
I was so saddened to hear of her passing and would very much like to reach Tom, as we were very close friends in high school.
Do you know how to contact him? Or could you let him know that I am trying to reach him? I had been trying to reach him for quite some time - nearly a year, when I came across your blog.
My name is Amal and my phone number is 801-706-1705. I would appreciate anything you could do to help put us in touch with one another, as he was a very special friend to me. Thanks, Amal